Wednesday, January 25, 2012

secret thursdays: how to add a vignette/lens fall effect in photoshop

 before and after
Model: Courtney Palmer
Stylist: Courtney Palmer
Make up: Heather Davern @ Illamasqua
More photos to come when my computer starts working a bit faster...


I'm starting a new feature on my blog called secret thursdays.  Here I'll be putting editing and photographic tutorials up to show you some things I do to my photographs in photoshop as I've had a few questions from people.  This first tutorial is one of the first editing techniques that I learnt and I still do it to most of my photographs.  It's a very subtle vignette effect.  If there's anything you'd like to know about editing please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to do a tutorial on it.  Sorry about the bad sound quality in some parts it was a bit of an experiment.

8 comments:

  1. Following you back on GFC and Bloglovin, thank you! xx Joice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously going to enjoy your Secret Thursdays! I'm definitely coming to you for questions, I feel I can learn a great deal from you.

    http://stylespotlighted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for this. I have to admit I'm really bad with technology :)
    Veronika
    www.livinginwinterpeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very helpful tutorial. Thanks!

    I follow you! Hope you'll follow me back!

    xoxo, Oana

    http://genefalsesiprajiturele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i love your voice!
    well that was really good! i hope you can zoom in though :)

    http://sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tutorials are really lovely and clear! I'll be checking them out .

    Btw, just realised I wasn't following you yet, so I'm doing it right now !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)